2D4D has been collaborating with partners across Beaverton and the Portland-metro area to coordinate art pop-ups as we enter into summer 2021. This summer will see various chalk activities in front of businesses and inside parks as we all emerge from the monotonous quarantine of Coronavirus. 2D4D focuses on “bridging artists with non-arts industries to recognize that each supports the other,” says Board President, Raziah Roushan. “These pop-up and community exhibitions create ways for us to commission (aka pay) artists while bringing engaging happenings to people’s front door, quite literally.” Pop-ups between June to August are focusing on a theme of “Reconnection” and “Emergence”. The artists involved come from many different backgrounds. For example, Morgan Miller, who will be leading an interactive drawing in collaboration with Boom Arts Theatre on June 24, 26 and 27, is a teacher. She know how to relate to youth and the community at large through conversation, design, and collaboration. She draws wildly fantastical illustrations that juxtapose large characters with outrageous color. Another one of 2D4D’s artists, Brittany Resch, comes from the graphic design industry. Her community-based drawings hinge between anamorphic inspirations and representational blendings. These two and other artists will be creating unique ephemeral drawings throughout the area over the coming weeks.
When and Where:
- June 24, 26 and 27 in collaboration with Boom Art Theatre
- June 24 from 11:00am-3:00pm during Portland Parks “Lunch & Play” program at Kʰunamokwst Park, 5200 NE Alberta St, Portland, OR 97218
- June 26 from 11:00am-Noon at Woodlawn Park, Portland, OR
- June 27 from 11:00am-Noon at Gateway Discovery Park, 10520 NE Halsey St, Portland, OR 97220
- July 17 from 11:00am-1:00pm at Jan’s Books, 12320 SW 1st St, Beaverton, OR 97005
- July 29, 30 and 31 throughout Cedar Hills Crossing Complex
- July 29 from 10:00am-2:00pm in front of Powell’s Books, 3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR 97005
- July 30 from 10:00am-2:00pm in front of Starbuck’s Mall Entrance, 3205 SW Cedar Hills Blvd UNIT 24, Beaverton, OR 97005
- July 31 from 1:00-5:00pm in front of Wild Fin Grill, 2725 SW Cedar Hills Blvd #130, Beaverton, OR 97005
- August 5 in the morning at Beaverton City Library, 12375 SW Fifth St Beaverton 97005
2D4D’s activities are made possible by the generous support of Patricia Reser, City of Beaverton, Cedar Hills Crossing Management, Boom Arts Theatre, and other local sponsors.